The Service Technician provides technical repair of C2Dx medical devices by troubleshooting, diagnosing failure modes, and performing repairs. The Service Technician provides technical support to customers by recommending solutions and providing excellent customer service. This position is under the supervision of more senior team members.
C2Dx is a medical device company based in Kalamazoo, Michigan, that invests in and refines the delivery of valuable, niche products to propel their growth and accessibility worldwide. Founded in early 2019 by industry experts, C2Dx is committed to providing leading medical products and superior customer service, while continually evolving to ensure that healthcare providers have the devices and technology they need.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose failure modes, and repair C2Dx medical devices under warranty, service contract, or as a refurbishment
- Provides technical support to customers over the phone, via email/chat, or at the customer site to diagnose, repair, or provide a recommended course of action for the customer to repair, replace, purchase the necessary parts, or ship their product(s) to C2Dx
- Communicates verbally and in writing with customers in an effective and timely manner while providing excellent customer service
- Executes orders, incoming receipts, and returns within the ERP and Quality Management System in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintains traceability of components and finished goods in the service area and warehouse; assists with measuring and counting inventory to ensure accurate inventory.
- Trains Service Technicians and other team members as required
- Works with cross-functional teams to support our products, services, and quality system
- Performs incoming inspection of raw materials, subassemblies, and finished goods according to specifications and work instructions
- Performs light manufacturing and builds subassemblies as needed to maintain appropriate inventory levels and service needs
- Assists with calibration of equipment and supporting verification and validation, as required
- Executes quality and service strategies to enhance profitability and customer service
- Drives a culture of safety through quality tools such as 6S
- Supports internal audits, CAPA, nonconforming product procedures, customer feedback and complaints, and other duties as required
- Understands areas of responsibility according to C2Dx Quality Management System and continually contributes towards process improvements in the QMS
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening and ability to diagnose technical issues with non-technical users
- Proficient technical repair and diagnostic skills
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer complaints
- Ability to read and interpret measurement equipment and use assembly tools, soldering equipment, and electrical safety testing equipment
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills and ability to learn new software as needed
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a regulated environment desired
- Mechanical and Electrical (or Electronics) background preferred
- Prior experience executing production schedules and deadlines is preferred
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position that will require occasional evening work
- Must be able to occasionally push, pull, or lift 40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to perform work-related functions and activities
- Frequent walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com